Materials (for one ornament) & steps:
- Six (3/4″ x 10-1/2″) strips of paper or card stock, approximately 6″ of wire (will be trimmed), two wood beads, and wine/ribbon.
- Start by twisting one end of the wire to make a loop and then thread one of the beads on.
- Make small holes at either end and middle of each strip of paper (She used a piece of wire to poke my holes). Thread all the strips of paper through the middle hole onto the wire leaving the bead underneath. Make sure to fan your strips evenly (this will help you in the next steps). She put a dab of hot glue at the top of the stack of paper strips to keep them down.
- Take the ends of the strip of paper that is at the bottom (i.e., closest to the bead) and thread both through the wire using the holes you made in step 3. Use glue to secure your ring together.
- Repeat step 4. with each subsequent strip of paper working from the strips on the bottom in. The idea is to bring the strips of paper that our on the outer at the bottom of the sphere to the inner. (PIC 5-7)
- Once you have made your last ring, thread on the last bead and twist another loop on the end and trim off any excess wire. Use twine or ribbon to hang your ornament. (PIC 8)